Intimate Partners Violence Prevention
CEUs: 2 Hours
Goal: This 2 hour course will touch on the many pitfalls the victim of intimate partner of violence may encounter and some therapeutic strategies used to help them break free and not return to this type of relationship again.
- Participants will be exposed to the categories of types of intimate partner relationships
- The course will discuss the escalated amount of potential violence with couples who were separating or in the process of separating
- The course will address Prior Violence and Controlling behavior
- The participant will also be exposed to the typical age ranges and ethnic makeup of victims of Intimate Partner Violence
- Participants will be shown the prevalence of Intimate Partner Violence when alcohol, drug abuse, pathological gambling, sexual addiction etc. by perpetrator are involved.